Salary: $25 – $36 Hourly
Location: Covington, KY
Job Type: Part time or Contractual
Department: Building Code Administration
Planning and Development Services seeks a qualified individual to fill an opening in the Building Codes Planning & Development Services of Kenton County is dedicated to leading communities and striving to foster growth and prosperity within our Community by providing the highest quality service to our Customers. We enhance the quality of life through safety and protection of our community, creative planning, and deliberate guidance towards principled goals.
The Building Code Administration Department is responsible for reviewing all proposed building related projects and their compliance with the Uniform Building Code as set forth by the Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction. The building codes regulate all items relating to the built environment including but not limited to new and renovated buildings, repair/replacement of equipment, fire protection systems, mechanical system, etc. The primary responsibility of the department is to ensure the minimum/maximum requirements to provide a reasonable level of safety, public health, and general welfare through structural, strength, means of egress facilities, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, energy conservation, and safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to the building environment and to provide a reasonable level of safety to fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
As a key member of the Building Codes Administration team, it is the primary job function of the Building Plan Reviewer to ensure that all buildings within the jurisdiction of PDSKC are completed safely per the approved construction drawings, specifications and the appropriate uniform building code as set forth by the Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction under the direct supervision of the Chief Building Official.
Positions in this Classification are authorized and expected to:
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents such as, but not limited to, construction drawings, mechanical drawings, fire safety drawings, structural drawings, and construction specification manuals.
- This individual shall be certified to review plans for structures from single family dwellings and their accessories and large commercial structures. This individual shall pass ICC tests B1 and M1 for single family inspector, B2 for Level I, M2 for Level II, and B3 and M3 for a Level III inspector as set forth in 815 KAR 7:070c
- Work collaboratively with Contractors and Local/ State Governmental Agencies.
- Maintain permit records (such as plan review notes) in an orderly and easily accessible manner.
- Review Construction documents for conformance to the Kentucky Building and Residential Code and it’s referenced standards.
- Meet with Customers on an as needed basis to answer any Customer Service needs.
- Must have the ability to write technical memos, documents, and reports.
- Other duties may be assigned on an as needed basis.
Click the link to learn more about benefits and to apply:
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resumé, and salary history to:
Planning and Development Services
Attn: Nicole Cullum
1840 Simon Kenton Way Suite 3400
Covington, KY 41011-2999 or