Under general supervision, inspects electrical construction, installation and repair of homes and commercial buildings with the ability to read plan designs. Illustrative Duties
- Inspects residential and commercial/industrial building construction, electrical installation and repair to ensure compliance with local, state and federal national electrical codes and approved building plans.
- Advises commercial contractors and homeowners in violation of codes as to reason for non-compliance; makes recommendations for correcting violations; collects evidence to assist in prosecution of electrical code violators
- Prepares and submits reports as required (e.g., code violations, inspections, etc.)
- Answers telephone inquiries regarding code provisions from homeowners, contractors and others; utilizes radio and cell phone in performance of duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Eight (8) years’ electrical experience immediately preceding an application or currently licensed as Master Electrician and actively working. NCPCCI 2B Inspector General and 2C Plan Review. Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills. Valid Kentucky driver’s license. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to tolerate various indoor/outdoor temperatures and climates. Ability to operate internal radio system and cell phone. Must be able to climb ladders safely for rooftop inspections, navigate rough terrain. Job involves bending, stooping and crawling at times. Must maintain the physical requirements to successfully pass the Essential Job Function Test as required for the position.
Click the link to learn more about benefits and to apply: